Friday, September 19, 2008

Moving on up!

To Wylie, Texas that is.

We FINALLY received approval on our soon-to-be new home yesterday evening. This has been quite the process. I'll explain for anyone that wants to know. Otherwise, scroll to the bottom and check out the pics.

We placed an offer on this house over a month ago and it took them several weeks to decide. There were several offers and we were told that ours was selected 2 weeks ago. We were pretty excited but soon learned that now the Bank had to approved the offer since it was being sold as a Short Sale. So the waiting continued. We received updates, but each update told us, sorry not today, maybe tomorrow. Seriously, how long can they drag this out? And then, we received an e-mail last night notifying us that we FINALLY received the approval. YEAH! Okay, so enough about the grueling process, on to THE HOUSE!

It's located in Wylie, just a few miles from where we currently are living. It's about 1,900 sq. feet and has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It's only 3 years old and is in great condition, other than the fence that's about to fall over. We'll definitely have to fix that for Skeeter. :) It's in a great community that includes a pool, playground, basketball court and park. We have lots of plans, so we'll be getting to work as soon as we close. Painting, Flooring, Gardening, where to begin. We will close on or before Oct. 2nd, giving us a whole month before we have to be out of our apartment and no double rent and mortgage payments (something we specifically prayed about). YEAH! The Lord definitely worked out all of the details, it just took some faith and a little patience. Okay, a lot of patience. :)





8 comments:

Kim said...

Love the house! Love the kitchen! Yea!!

Kim said...

ps- the yard doesn't look bad...at least from the pictures

Melodie said...

you guys - i love it. it's beautiful! but you didn't show a picture of Jeremy and I's room. The one we will be staying in 1-2 times per year. ;)

The Skains Family said...

Your house is gorgeous! I'm so excited for you guys. Have fun making it your home. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. I'm ready to own a house again, but I guess that's what we get for living in San Diego. Congratulations!

House said...

YEA!! I love it! Looks perfect! I know you have got to be so excited. I'm proud for you guys. Enjoy!

The Stanphill Family said...

Sweet new place! Like all of it! That isnt melodie's room that should be Susan and I's room! I will fight them for it!

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Yay!

the thorntons said...

I love it! I'm going to be looking for before and after pictures with all of the plans you have, so you better post them! Congratulations!!