Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Rules & Scripture Memorization

Our church is so great about offering support and biblical guidance to us parents, trying to figure this whole parenting thing out. So, when they offered "Training Camp" a month or so ago, Josh and I jumped at the opportunity to take the class, "Training Preschool Girls". We learned so much about what discipline should look like according to the Bible, but the one thing that we really took away from the talk was that we needed to establish some family rules and to use those as our foundation in disciplining. So, we purchased these images on Etsy, which included each rule and the corresponding scripture, and printed, framed and displayed them in our house to begin using. Josh and I really desire to discipline Camryn using the scripture as our guide (check out "Don't Make Me Count to Three!"-great book) and therefore have also decided that we should strive to memorize scripture as a family. Although, Camryn is a bit young still, it won't be long. :) So, we also purchased this super fun chalk board from World Market, to display our family bible verse for the week/month.

We are just beginning this journey of discipline and have NO idea what we're doing, but we DO know that if we cling to the Lord and his scripture, he will guide us through. :)





If you interested in purchasing the Family Rules to print and display in your own home, check them out here. They're only $5. :)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/56898420/family-rules-printable-w-bible-verses

3 comments:

Sandra B said...

Super cool idea! I love the family rules framed on the wall.

The Skains Family said...

Love it. I might have to steal that idea. Discipline is by far the hardest part of parenting. I feel like I am never doing it right!

Brett and Erin said...

those turned out great! i especially love the chalkboard-- great idea to put verses =)