Josh and I bought our first car this weekend! We decided on the Toyota RAV4 and couldn't be happier. I'd have to say it was worse than everyone had told us. We were expecting a long miserable day, but I don't think we really understood what we were getting ourselves into.
We started out at our first dealer at 9am Saturday morning. After only negotiating for 1 hour, we decided to leave and try our luck at another dealer, they weren't budging. So, we arrived at our second dealer at 10:30am and didn't drive off the lot with our new car until 5pm that evening. It was a very LONG day to say the least. We spent the majority of the day dealing with a very rude sales man and of course negotiating everything. And I really mean everything. We negotiated the price of the car (of course), the addition of leather, the trade-in of my Alero, the add-ons that were already on the car (which we didn't need), the interest rate and even the gasoline that was already in the car. I couldn't believe that they were trying to make us pay for the gasoline after being willing to spend thousands of dollars with them. CRAZY! However, we did end up with a fabulous car and a pretty good deal. We are so thankful. We spent the rest of the weekend, taking turns, driving around and saying to ourselves, "Did we really just buy this?". Below are a few pictures commemorating the event. One I'm sure we'll never forget.
Saying good-bye to my Alero.
Josh and I - proud new owners of our Toyota RAV4
2025 Recap
6 months ago


3 comments:
yay! i love it!
Yea, it is terrible, but wait until you have to buy a home! It is far WORSE!! I get to see ya'll in two weeks!!!
Yay for new cars! I love it. Next time just deal with the internet sales department. It will save you lots of time and money. That's what we have done with both cars and we have had great experiences. Now you are ready for the house buying part. Lots more fun for sure!
Post a Comment