Sunday, December 14, 2008

Telling the Fam!

So, after a doctor's appointment and sono to confirm the pregnancy, we were ready to tell our families. We thought long and hard about how to share such exciting news. So, we decided on making a shirt for me to wear the next time we got together.

First was my parents. We walked in to join them for dinner and Mom looked at me kind of funny. After talking for a few minutes, and continuously looking at my shirt, she finally asked me. What is coming 6.12.09? Does it have something to do with work? No, I told her with a big smile on my face. I told her to think about how many months it was away (a huge clue, I know, but she just wasn't getting it) and then after another minute or so, it hit her. She said, "Are you pregnant?" Josh and I screamed, "Yes!" After tears of joy and several hugs, we gave them a pic of our first sono in a frame we had made engraved with "Proud Grandparents". They loved it and shed a few more tears. It was a really special time. Here's a few pics documenting the moment.






Then, on to telling the Myers. We were heading out of town with Josh's family for a weekend trip to Arkansas to visit Josh's younger brother, Caleb, at college. So, I wore my shirt once again and waited for someone to notice. Adam and Bethany, Josh's sister and brother-in-law, were the first to notice. It was an exciting time because they had just found out they were expecting their second child in June as well. Only (2) weeks after us. :) So, lots of more hugs and congratulations were given and talks about being excited that our kids would be close in age, REALLY close in age. How fun! I have a cousin that's only a few months older than I and it always made it fun when we got together as a family. I can't wait for our kiddos to grow up together. :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute way to tell you family! When God decides to make London a big sister, I am going to steal your idea!

The Laws Family said...

How fun!! And how creative :) Congrats again!!

The Mize of Texas said...

Congratulations guys! We are very happy for you! Welcome to the circus!!!