Our church offers a wonderful bible study for new mom's called, Square One. It's a seven week class that allows women to connect with other women beginning the journey of motherhood, while discussing helpful topics such as:
-Mothering: Babies, parenting, pediatric care, books
-Mama: Taking care of yourself, postpartum depression
-Marriage: Husbands, dates, dads
-Making a home: Cooking, cleaning, time-management
-M-I-L's - Family Matters
-Memories: Travel, traditions, holidays
Camryn and I went through the class when she was just 1 month old. We loved all of the helpful advice, support from the mentor mom's and especially the friends that we made.
So after the class ended, there were a handful of us mom's that were interested in forming a playgroup. Let me just say that this playgroup has been a huge answer to prayer and I have SO enjoyed getting to know these women and loving on their little ones.
So, what do we do at a playgroup with infants? Well, let's be honest. The babies don't do much "playing", but us mommies sure do lots of "talking". We share stories of the most amazing things our little ones are doing (such as finding their toes, rolling over and sitting up :), we ask each other for advice, pray for one another and just enjoy getting out of the house and having "adult" conversations. We laugh uncontrollably when all of our little ones start screaming and throwing fits at the same time. :) We rotate houses and have a few outings from time to time. We have a trip planned to the Arboretum to take pics at the Pumpkin Patch, so be on the lookout for what's sure to be some adorable pics.
These women are amazing and I am so thankful that the Lord has brought us all together. I look forward to our little ones growing up together and making many fun memories in the process.
Our first outing, Baby Bounce-story and song time at Bookmarks Library in NorthPark Mall
Yes, Camryn was asleep through the WHOLE thing. But we did go a second time and she loved it. :)
Sweet Babies
Camryn and Raylee (they're holding hands :)
Camryn and Mia
A few of us at lunch after Playgroup
The mommies and their precious little ones. Aren't they just the cutest babies you've ever seen? :)
Casey & Marshall
Jennifer & Mia
Natalie & Peyton
Gretchen & Preston
Whitney & Egan
Lisa & Jack
Kristen & Jake
Sandra & Zane
Kora & Caleb
Paola & Lily
And of course, Camryn & I
Not pictured
-Michele and Piper
-Erika and Raylee
I will be sure to add their pics once I get them. I wouldn't want you to miss out on seeing their sweet faces. Love you girls!
2025 Recap
6 months ago


2 comments:
I love that you have found that mommy connection! What a great group of women. It's so important to have that support from other mommies.
Play group is the best! Thanks for posting the great pics!
Post a Comment