Tuesday, December 15, 2009

6 Month Letter & Pic

Sweet Chunk-

6 moths old! Happy Half-Birthday Sweet Baby Girl! You are growing up WAY too fast. You're quickly leaving the infant stage and racing full speed ahead into becoming a toddler. I'm so excited, yet so sad at the same time. At your 6 month doctor appointment you weighed in at 15lbs. (30th percentile) and were 26-1/2 inches long (75th percentile). This month you have continued to work on sitting up and can now sit for a few minutes on your own. You caught your first cold this month and we were so worried that it would develop into something else, but thankfully, you only had a runny nose and some congestion. We used the aspirator A LOT and at first it didn't phase you one bit, but after continued use, you quickly grew to HATE it. Poor thing. You'd start screaming as it came near your face. :( So, your daddy, being so smart like he is, he'd start singing to you to distract you while I came at you with the horrible nose sucker. What song you might ask? Well, none other than the "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" from the Lion King. Interesting choice, I know, but you loved it. He only knew a few lines, mainly the chorus of "A Wembawa" so he'd sing that to you over and over again while doing his silly little dance. :) You'd smile and laugh at him. It is the sweetest thing ever. I LOVE moments like those and I plan to hold those close to my heart, ALWAYS.

This month you took your first plane ride to St. Louis for Thanksgiving and you had your first taste of rice cereal. What fun! You did such a great job on the plane and while we were away on our trip, and you LOVED your cereal. I can't wait to introduce all sorts of fun new food to you in the weeks to come.

We've developed a night time routine for you that consists of you, your daddy and I praying with you and then we sing/hum you a little lullaby. You smile at us and we can't help but squeeze you tightly and then cover you with kisses. You are such a sweet heart and we thank the Lord for blessings us with you. We are the luckiest parents in the world. :)

Love you to the moon and back.

-Mommy & Daddy

These monthly pics are getting harder and harder to capture. She's always moving. :)


0 comments: