Friday, December 18, 2009

What Camryn's Eating-Pics & Video!

So, we've discovered that our little Miss Camryn is quite the eater. Everything we have given her she has loved. I'm beginning to wonder if she's going to not like anything. Jana, Josh's mom, said that she's taking after her daddy. Apparently, Josh loved everything that Jana gave him and even now, I can only think of a few things that he doesn't like. I guess time will tell though.

I've been having so much fun making her food. I had originally decided to make her food for nutritional and economical reasons, but now it's become a hobby of mine, so to speak. It really is fun and the benefits are oh so plentiful. I love knowing exactly what she's eating and of course I make it with love, so that's an added bonus. :)

Well, here's a quick run down of what she's been eating and a few fun pics & videos to go along with it.

Camryn's Food Diary-

Thursday, Nov.26th-Rice Cereal
Here's the video of her first taste of cereal on Thanksgiving day. It was so much fun to have family around when she dove in for the first time. Check it out!



Sunday, Dec. 6th-Acorn Squash

Okay, so I've never heard of Acorn Squash, much less seen one, but it's actually a pretty cool vegetable, if vegetables can be cool. :) The outer shell was ridiculously difficult to cut through, so thankfully, daddy was around so we could use his muscles.


In the oven for about 40 minutes


Comes out perfect


Now to puree


First taste


So, obviously not Camryn's best angle, but you get the idea. Success!


Wednesday, Dec. 9th-Avocado

Listen for her "Mmmm's" after each bite. She takes after her Grandpa. :)


Pureed and in the bowl


Again, Success!


Saturday, Dec. 12th-Sweet Potatoes
Who doesn't love sweet potatoes? Maybe next time I'll add cinnamon, brown sugar and marshmallows. :)

Monday, Dec. 14th-Homemade Steel Cut Oatmeal
I definitely won't be making this again. Not as easy as I had hoped. Lots of time in the coffee grinder to get the oats to a fine powder and then, cooking, pureeing and then freezing. Whewww!

Thursday, Dec. 17th-Pears
These were pretty easy and with a quick water/lime juice bath, they didn't turn brown at all. Yea!

Big girl in her highchair


Next on our Stage 1 list - carrots, apples and peas!!!

0 comments: