To say that I've been emotional these past few weeks is definitely an understatement. I'm thinking that it was a combination of party planning stress and just taking in how quickly this year has passed, but I was certainly having mixed emotions about Camryn turning 1. So, the night before, Josh and I held her extra tight, said an extra prayer thanking the Lord for her and gave her extra kisses. I had such a hard time laying her in her crib that night, knowing that the next day she was going to wake up and be 1 year old. Not my little baby anymore, but a toddler. :( I mustered up the strength, with a little encouragement from Josh, and began looking forward to her birthday bash the next day. I couldn't wait and seriously had a hard time sleeping. :)
The morning of her birthday, Josh and I went into her room and sang her "Happy Birthday" before getting her up. She just sat there so sweetly, smiling at us. It was so cute! Check it out! And be sure to turn DOWN the volume towards the end, unless you want to hear Josh and I sing. :)
For her party, we opted to have it at a local park, so that we could invite all of our family and friends. It was perfect! We really wanted everyone that had been a part of C's life this past year to be there. Family, Friends, Community Group from church, Playgroup from church. It was so much fun to have so many people that we love all together in one place. Seriously, nothing is better than that. :)
We grilled out, played with the kiddos and of course watched C smash her cake. Silly girl didn't really want to it eat, just to play with it. I'm sure her sweet tooth will develop sooner than later. :)
We had way too many cute pics to choose just a few to post. So, check out the fun slideshow below.
2025 Recap
6 months ago


6 comments:
toooo cute :) i love the pictures of cake on her face-and how they progress :) cute :))))
That girl is seriously too cute! All of those pics where precious. I know very well how hard those birthdays are. We are approaching 3 years and 2 years way too soon!
Awee...She loved her smash cake!! So, so cute!
Beth's pictures turned out great! during her cake time, Jeremy and I kept talking about her little, pouty lips. she always has them puckered just so (when she's not cheesing big) and it is so adorable. happy 1st miss camryn and we look forward to celebrating many more!
SO sad we missed it! Camryn is SO PRESH! The photos are great, the cupcakes/cake look wonderful and the party looked like a blast! Silly naps ruin EVERYthing at our house! :)
We love you, sweet little Cam Cam! Happy belated Big One!
Such a fun party! Seriously, you have to show me how to do a slideshow, that would have saved me hours when doing M's bday post!
Post a Comment