Tuesday, May 3, 2011

20 Weeks - Half-Way There!

I can't believe it, but we're already half-way there to meeting our little guy. I'm 20 weeks along and feeling pretty great! These past few months sure have blown by. Seriously, I can't believe that my tummy is already as big as it is and that I'm well into my second trimester. Compared to my pregnancy with C, I'm loving the fact that I'm not on bed rest and that we're only having to go to the doctor every 4 weeks. I have my energy back and am trying to take it all in and be grateful for where we're at, because I know exhaustion, pain and swelling are just around the corner. :) Thanks to Josh's parents, we were able to go out and celebrate the 20 week mark along with Josh being done with driving up to Sherman for work (FINALLY-YEA!) this past weekend. We went to see "Water for Elephants" (great movie) and then grabbed dessert at our favorite yogurt place, Yumilicious. We also decided on a name that night! So excited to share the news with everyone soon.

I feel like our little guy is moving constantly. :) Josh felt him move for the first time on April 27th, just 20 weeks + 6 days. And I think Camryn has felt him when she's been sitting on my lap. The other day she turned around and looked at me like I had just poked her or something, but it was definitely her little brother she felt through my tummy. So funny! She can tell you where her baby brother is, but I'm sure, she has no idea of what's to come. She'll say, "Baby Brother in Momma's Tummy" but then she'll pull up her shirt and say, "Baby Brother?" pointing to her belly. Silly girl! Well, we are so very grateful for our little guy and continue to pray that he will grow healthy and strong with no complications.

Here's a belly pic. :)

2 comments:

Michele said...

This one choked me up... So excited for you guys and THRILLED that you are having a little boy. Pure delightful preciousness. Sweet Camryn and the funny story about her thinking you were poking her. That happened here, too, and it really is hysterical. Can't wait to hear the name!

Melodie said...

yay! he will be here in no time and we can't wait to meet him. love that little brother is already annoying big sister. :) more of that to come, i'm sure. ha!