Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ICE Experience!

Last Tuesday evening, we met our sweet friends, The McGarrahs, at the Gaylord Texan to experience Charlie Brown's ICE with them. This was the first time Josh and I had ever been to The Gaylord and that alone blew our mind. That hotel/city :) is amazing. I couldn't believe how big it was. Besides the hotels in Las Vegas, it was the biggest we'd ever been in. And it was absolutely gorgeous with all of the lights and Christmas decorations up. Lots of picture opportunities. :)







After walking through the hotel and finally finding the ICE exhibit, we bundled up in our winter coats, hats and gloves to prepare for the icy temperatures. :)



Now, Josh and I are not germaphobes, but we are concerned about things like body odor and lice, so we weren't too keen on wearing the big blue coats they provided, and instead decided to carry them, just in case we needed them. However, the moment we stepped into the exhibit, I through all concerns out the window and threw myself into that coat as quickly as possible. It was FREEZING! I know they told us it was only 9 degrees, but I had NO idea.

So, after getting suited up we began our walk through the amazing exhibit. It really was so neat to see all that they were able to carve out of huge blocks of ICE!



Josh & Camryn and Jeremy & Paxton




The sculptures almost looked plastic, but believe me, they weren't, they were ICE and little Holden confirmed that by licking one of the sculptures. :) This of course gave us quite a laugh thinking of "The Christmas Story". Don't worry, no harm was done. :) Too bad I didn't get a picture of him licking the ICE, but I did get this cute one of him. :)



After some fun pics, we headed to the ICE slide. Now, we weren't able to slide down with the kiddos, so they had to go by themselves. We discovered this when we saw Paxton barreling down the slide, lying flat on his back. Next was Camryn's turn and she wouldn't even let Josh lay her down. So, I thought I'd give it a try. I quickly laid her down and gave her a little shove, to which she quickly slowed herself down, turned over onto all fours and attempted to start crawling back up the slide as she was screaming. Quite the site. :) All the while, Holden was loving it. So, Melodie and I decided to give it a go as well as Jeremy and Josh. It was quite faster than I had expected and really a lot of fun.

Here we are racing. Melodie is on the left and I'm on the right.


Trying to get up in those HUGE blue coats. Not very graceful, we know. :)


Melodie & I


By this time, Paxton was lying on the floor unable to get up due to his huge coat and Camryn was crying due to being cold, so we quickly walked through the last part of the exhibit, snapped a few more pics, and headed out to unthaw. :)

Poor Paxton.


Camryn & Daddy. See, not too happy. :(


Camryn & Mommy




All 3 kiddos


Look closely at Camryn in this pic. Notice, all you can see of her are her eyes and a bright red nose. :)




The Exhibit ended with the Nativity scene. Love that they displayed the true meaning of Christmas. :)


We enjoyed taking more pics and then topped the evening off with dinner at La Hacienda Ranch. SUCH a fun night filled with SUCH fun memories made with SUCH special friends. Love y'all.

0 comments: