Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sharing the news!

After a visit to the doctor and a clear sono, we couldn't wait to order Camryn's shirt and share the news. On Saturday, February 18th, we went to the Arboretum with Mimi & Poppa ( my mom and dad). Camryn wore her shirt, but since it was a little chilly in the morning, she had to wear a jacket. So, after a little walking and exploring, I found a great picture spot and took Camryn's jacket off to take a pic. It took a little while, but my mom finally noticed the back of the shirt reading, "is going to be a BIG sister". She said, "Ah hem! What is this?", with a huge smile on her face. Lots of hugs and congrats followed, as well as lots more pictures and a picnic lunch on the lawn. Such a fun day!

















Next up, The Myers. We were getting together with Josh's family to celebrate his sister, Bethany's Birthday. So, this was the perfect opportunity. Everyone would be together except for Caleb. :( Poor Caleb was at college and couldn't come home for the weekend, but not to worry, we sent him a text shortly after we shared the news. :) So, in walks Camryn with her shirt on. It didn't take Nana (Josh's mom) too long to notice. They were so excited for us and were hoping to hear such news soon. :) Lots of hugs and congrats followed as well. I was waiting for Bethany to make her announcement that they were pregnant again, since that's what happened last time with Camryn, but no such luck. :) We enjoyed the afternoon together, eating yummy food and celebrating family. Love it!





And of course, we had to get a pic of the girls together in a matching outfit. :) This one was from Nana. Thanks Nana.


After that, it was on to sharing the news with friends! And coincidentally, I had a Girl's Night already on the calendar for the next weekend. This is a group of gals from college, that I've kept in touch with and we get together every few months for yummy food, lots of laughs and reminiscing. :) A few years ago, we decided that we needed a fun way to share the news of new babies in our group. A lot of us were in the same sorority at college together and when one of us got engaged, we would have a candle passing to share the news. Someone would turn off the lights, everyone would scream with excitement, and a lit candle would begin to be passed around the room. By the time it got around to the engaged gal, she would blow it out! So fun! Well, we thought, how about a paci? The preggo would bring a paci with them and discreetly place it somewhere that it could later be discovered. So, this particular night we got together for a Mexican Fiesta at my friend, Kristin's house. So, when I got there, I discreetly hid my paci in a bag of opened tortilla chips and waited for someone to discover it. By the time we were going through the buffet line, to dish up our plates, one of the last girls happened to pull it out of the bag with her handful of chips. She brought it to the table and everyone started saying, "It's not me!" I couldn't wait any longer for someone to guess, so I shared our exciting news. :) So fun to share it with such an amazing group of girls that have been there for me from engagement, to the day Josh and I got married, through the birth of our first child and now as our family grows again. Such a special time. Love you girls!

1 comments:

Tyler and Shea Moses said...

What a fun way to share the exciting news with such sweet friends! Candle passings were always so exciting...and so I can imagine a Paci passing having the same thrill! I love that you girls are still so close :) Camryn is going to just be the sweetest big sister that there ever was!!