So, the big project this past weekend was the Sidewalk. For some CRAZY reason, the previous owners decided to paint red and white bricks on the sidewalk leading up to the house. Then, when the HOA saw what they had done, they demanded that they paint over it. So, they painted it a lovely gray color. Josh and I are not fans of gray painted concrete, so we thought we'd try power washing the concrete to get the paint off. It worked really well, just a little at a time though and it did take off some of the concrete as well. This thing was POWERFUL! So, after having rented the equipment from Home Depot for 24hrs. we had to return it and be okay with only having accomplished the sidewalk. The front porch, will be another day.
Doesn't it look so much better?
Before
During
After
My sweet parents offered their time up again this weekend. It's been really fun working on the house with them. So, while Josh was power washing, we were working on moving the firewood pile away from the house (Hello, they were just asking for termite problems), when we found the cutest baby bunny that had made it's home in the firewood. Mom caught it for a quick picture, but as soon as we put him down, he ran away. I don't think he and Skeeter would have played well together anyways. :)
At the end of our labor intensive weekend we decided to cap it off with a treat from the ice cream man. He wasn't necessarily headed down our street, but when I heard that ol' familiar music, I ran out of the house, down the street to stop him. Who can resist a treat from the ice cream man himself?
So, what's on the schedule for this week? PAINT! The painter is coming on Thursday and we have got to decide on colors. Decisions! Decisions!
2025 Recap
6 months ago


2 comments:
Sidewalk looks great! Gotta love those power washers. They work miracles. Can't wait to see what paint you picked :)
So fun to do house projects! I'm sure you have a long list - would love to help out anytime! The house looks great - I can't wait to see it!
Love, Kate
Post a Comment