Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Special Valentine's Day



I always look forward to Valentine's Day each year, Josh always has something special planned. However due to my bed rest restrictions, this year was going to be a little tricky. He did not let that stop him, he brought a very special night to me. He started out the day with giving me a beautiful bouquet of red roses. Then he gave me a sweet card that made me cry, of course, and the movie "Definitely, Maybe". We went to see this movie last year on Valentine's Day and absolutely loved it. Then, he gave me a gift that said to "Mom" on the front. He had gotten me a gift from our little girl! So sweet! The card was precious and made me cry again :) and the gift was very thoughtful. Throughout pregnancy, we've really enjoyed reading to our baby girl, so Josh gave me a book to read to her by Dr. Seuss called, "Are you my mother?" So cute! On Saturday afternoon we attempted to register online and had a tough time making the big decisions such as the car seat, stroller, pack-n-play, etc. without being able to see them in person, so Josh made a trip to Babies-R-Us all by himself. He returned with our dinner, from Cristina's Mexican Food Restaurant. Delicious! He ordered queso and chips and fajitas, my favorite. We enjoyed the delicious mexican feista and then curled up on the couch to watch our movie. Afterwards, we roasted marshmallows in our fireplace and enjoyed some messy, but oh so yummy smores. :) It was really a fun night, even though we couldn't "go" anywhere. After all he did for me, I felt so guilty because all I was able to get for him was a card and some candy, that his mom had to pick out for me. :) Boy do I owe him.



4 comments:

The Wier Family said...

Hey Amanda! Sounds like you had a great Valentine's day! Just wanted to share a thought with you.... When we were registering for Ella, I did a LOT of it online because I could actually look through ALL of my options and read the reviews. We had several big items that we couldn't decide on. I ended up just ordering them myself after we had our shower and got some giftcards. If you order from Wal-Mart, you can have them ship the item to your STORE, and you don't have to pay ANY shipping. That way, if you get it, and you don't like it, it costs you nothing to return it. We ordered a pack-n-play (they had it at both BRU online and Walmart online) from Walmart... I hated it, we took it back, and it cost me no extra in the process. Just a thought! Also, on Target's website, there's a list of suggested items to register for, and the quantities of each that you might need. It's a little exhaustive, and probably lists quite a bit that you DON'T need, but it'll give you a good starting point. And, if you have any friends that have recently had babies, look over their registries to help guide you. GOOD LUCK! I know you're bored stiff, and I can't imagine having to do all of this from a bed! YUCK! Hang in there, though! If you have any questions about registering, things that are useful, things you don't really need, etc, feel free to give me a holler! Much love, Lis

Kim said...

Josh is being SO sweet through all of this!
Are you my Mother is one of Allie's faves!

The Skains Family said...

How funny. Jeff and I ate chocolate fondue with strawberries and bananas in front of the fire place while we watched "definitely maybe." Of course I wasn't on bed rest but Valentines was also brought to me once the girls were in bed.

Josh did a good job of making you feel loved and appreciated.

The Walters Family said...

You guys are so cute! Keep up the good work Josh! Thanks Amanda for the comment/advice you left on our blog. We actually just talked about the same thing tonight (that we should always go to bed together). We used to get in bed and talk when the kids would go to sleep because that is when we could have uninterrupted time. So, then I read your comment on the blog. I think its great advice!