Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good News from the Doctor! :)

So this week was my 2 week check-up with the Periantologist (high-risk doctor). We received some pretty great news. The hematoma is absorbing. Yea! It's amazing and such an answer to prayer. My doctor thinks it's a combination of the bed rest, coming off the blood thiner and time, that has allowed it to finally begin absorbing. My doctor, as well as her associate, were both pretty surprised. Josh and I weren't of course, we knew this was the Lord taking care of us and letting us know that he's in control and watching over our baby girl. It was so wonderful to FINALLY receive some good news. So, I'm still on full bed rest for the next two weeks and then if everything looks good at my next appointment, she said she would allow me to slowly start adding back in light activity (i.e. work part-time in the office, but still off my feet as much as possible). I won't ever be completely without restrictions this pregnancy, just because of the damage the hematoma has already done and the increased risk for pre-term labor, but honestly, I would be more than grateful for just a few days out of the house. So, thanks so much for the prayers. Love y'all.

1 comments:

The Reynolds said...

That's awesome! Glad to hear the good news....God is good!