Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lilypie, Gertrude, Leticia or ???

These are just a few of the names that our family has been calling our sweet little girl. But, no longer will they have to use these hideous names :) because we are ready to share the name that we have chosen for her. We have thought long and hard about what to name our sweet little girl who we love so much already and just can't wait to meet. We went through books, looked online, prayed, discussed and discussed some more. We had a long list of possible names and were having such a hard time deciding. Choosing your childs name is obviously a very important task and one that we were not taking lightly. And for everyone that knows Josh and I well, they know that we have a very tough time making decisions. So, we decided to chose our top names and try each of them out for a few days. We would talk or read to her with that name to see if it fit. After several weeks and several names we chose the one that we both loved from the very beginning, we can't explain it, it just feels right. We can't imagine naming her anything else and were so excited to share the news with our families. As a surprise, we sent them her latest sono pic to place in their frames (ones we gave to them when we told them we were pregnant). We've been sending them updated sono pics throughout the pregnancy, but this picture was EXTRA special. We wrote "Open together" on the outside of the inner envelope and this is what was inside . . .



We just love the name Camryn, and especially the fun girly spelling. And, Hope has a very special meaning to us, with what we've been through and are still going through with this pregnancy. We have been challenged and tested and have had to put all of our HOPE in the Lord. To carry us through. Our prayer is that Camryn will put her Hope in the Lord one day and will come to know him in a personal way. She is definitely a blessing from the Lord and we are HOPEFUL for a safe and heatlhy baby girl at the end of this journey.

Psalm 71:5-6 (NLT)
"O Lord, you alone are my HOPE. I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!"

6 comments:

The Skains Family said...

Love the name!!!! So pretty. We had Kamryn on are list for both girls spelled with a K. I too love the y. It just makes it more femine. Such a sweet name. I can already tell you are going to be such a great mommy. Camryn is such a blessed little girl to have you and Josh as her parents.

Charlie Veague said...

Well now that I have stopped crying(tears of joy)........I agree, Camryn is in God's hands and we'll all get to meet her when the time is right!

Love you both very much, Aunt charlie

the thorntons said...

I love it! The spelling is so cute!! I can't wait to see the face to match the name!

The Reynolds said...

YEAH! I am so glad she has a name now, and sooo cute! Can't wait to see her!

Brett and Erin said...

So sweet! I love the name, and the verse =)

Alida Smith Barnes said...

How wonderful!!!! Now we have a name to pray for as we continue to pray for y'all. Much love...