Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To Bed I Go! :(

Last week I had a sonogram to check the growth of our little girl and the doctor discovered that my hematoma has grown quite a bit and she actually saw a new blood clot in the placenta as well. So after discussing everything with a few of her associates, everyone agreed that I should be put on bed rest. Our sweet little girl is growing and developing just as she should (she's already 1lb. and 2 oz.)-thank the Lord, the doctors are just concerned that I might go into pre-term labor. So to play it safe, they want me on FULL bed rest (I can only get up to go to the bathroom, shower and prepare a quick meal, i.e. microwave :) for the next few weeks. At that point I'll go back for another sonogram with my high-risk doctor and see how everything looks. It is possible that I will be on bed rest until our little girl comes, but there is also the possiblity that the hematoma will decrease in size or go away all together, which of course is what we are praying for. After the initial shock has worn off, I'm doing much better. My office has been gracious enough to let me work from home for now and Josh has, of course, been very supportive and encouraging. I'm trying to accept/embrace this change and to take it one day at a time.

4 comments:

the thorntons said...

Wow...I know how stir crazy you can get staying still and at home for so long, but I guess the Dr knows best! I know that the Lord has a special plan for you and that sweet baby girl, so enjoy the rest and relaxation as much as you can. Hang in there!!

sarah s said...

Oh gosh! I will be praying for you and your baby girl. I'll call you soon and bring you and Josh some dinner!.

Melodie said...

SLEEP! get as much as you can now. :) we are praying for your little family!

Ryan and Kate said...

I'd love to help in whatever way I can. Let me know!