Thursday, February 11, 2010

Project with Handyman Uncle Dan

I had seen a horseshoe cross like this at a friend's house and immediately thought of my mom. Luckily, I drew my mom's name for the Pate family gift exchange so I knew just what to get her. I contacted my handyman Uncle Dan to see if he could make something similar. Josh, Camryn and I arrived at his house early for our Thanksmas celebration, so we quickly went to work. I chose the horseshoes from my uncle's supply, I held the torch while he bent the shoes into place, and then I chipped the weld beads to assure a smooth, strong weld. I've certainly never done a project like this before. My projects mostly consist of decorations for our home and hair bows for Camryn, but this was a lot of fun. And extra special that I had my Uncle Dan to help me (okay, maybe I helped him). :) Thanks again Uncle Dan. Mom LOVED her cross.

Uncle Dan helping me put on my welding helmet




Handyman Uncle Dan and I


Welding


Chipping


Checking the alignment




The finished product




Mom and her new wall decor :)

1 comments:

Brett and Erin said...

I'm so impressed! And what a neat cross- you could go in business =)