Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day!

I still can't believe that we received a record snow fall this past week. A foot of snow! Crazy!

(We broke records for snowfall in the same calendar day (11.2 inches) and snowfall in a 24-hour time period (12.5 inches).)

We had SO much fun with Camryn in the snow and since Josh was just starting his new job (oh yea, I need to blog about that), he was home. Yea! We basically had a 4-day weekend together and I loved every minute of it. Such fun times and lots of fun pics to remember it by.

On Thursday morning, Camryn and I headed to playgroup. We of course had to get some pics of the little ones in the snow. :)

Jennifer & Mia, Casey & Marshall, Kristen & Jake, and Camryn & I


Mia, Camryn, Jake & Marshall all watching the cars drive by. :)


My little sweet chunk and I


And then, after Camryn's nap, daddy helped us make a snowman. He had eyes of sweetart hearts, a carrot nose and a mouth made out of gobstoppers. Yea, it's all we had. :)

















And then we got even more snow on Thursday night, seriously, check it out below. It was so beautiful.







So, we of course, had to get Camryn back out to play in it. :)

I have such fun memories of growing up in Colorado and sledding on snow days with my siblings. So, even though Camryn won't remember a bit of this, she will definitely have pictures to look back at and I will cherish these memories for the both of us for years to come. :)

So, here was our predicament, though. No sled. Who lives in Texas and has a sled? So, we improvised by using her Ducky bathtub. We bundled her up again and headed for the little hill in our backyard. It was just her size and oh so perfect. She LOVED it! Big huge smiles that we thankfully caught on camera. See for yourself. :)







And then, we had to let her have her first taste of snow. She wasn't a fan, but it sure was funny. :)

5 comments:

Melodie said...

the duck sledding made me laugh! so fun.

Kim said...

She is so happy in the sledding pictures. Love it!
She'll like the snow eventually--that was Allie's favorite part. :)

Kim said...

I mean to say she'll like eating the snow eventually

Michele said...

What a little trouper, eating the snow even though you could tell she didn't really want it! SO cute! I can't get over how big she's getting! And we have that bathtub, too--in pink--Piper LOVED it until her legs started kinda dangling off the sides! I didn't even think of using it in the snow! Good thinking!

The Skains Family said...

Love the duck sled! Too funny. That girl is just plain cute.