With Reid coming soon, we knew we needed to transition Camryn to a big girl bed so he could have the crib, but we weren't too sure about how she'd do. We'd heard great and not-so-great stories from other families and we were definitely apprehensive. She's been a really great sleeper from about 6 weeks old, so who wants to ruin a good thing, right? Well, shortly after she turned 2 years old, we went for it and she did GREAT! We moved her straight from her crib to a twin bed, pushed up against the wall, with a bed rail. We assembled the bed and left it in her room for a few days before we transitioned her. During that time I put her new bedding on it (I wasn't crazy about character bedding so I went with something simple, but I did buy her a Dora blanket which she was SUPER excited about) and we would read books on the bed and talk about how fun it will be to sleep on her big girl bed. The first night we put her in it and tried to get her to lay down on her pillow and cover-up with the sheets, she totally flipped out. After a few minutes we discovered that she wasn't a fan of the pillow or sheets, so we just pulled them back and removed the pillow. Now, C never had a pillow or blanket in her crib so this was all new. Looking back now, I wish I had introduced a pillow and blanket before transitioning her, but oh well. I figured we'll take it one step at a time. Anyways, we told her not to get out of bed and to wait for us to come and get her in the morning. We watched our video monitor anxiously and to our surprise, she never got out of bed. She did great! In the morning she sat there and waited for us to come and get her. To this day she has never gotten out of bed and she's been in her big girl bed for 3 months now. We don't let her climb into it on her own and we always pick her up out of it. I kind of think she thinks she can't get in or out on her own and I'm really okay with that for now at least. :) Here's a few pics of her last nap in her crib *tear* and her first night in her Big Girl Bed. :)
2025 Recap
6 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment