Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas with the Pates-2008

This year, we spent Thanksgiving with Josh's family so we were with my family for Christmas. My sister, Danette and her new husband, George flew in from Florida and my brother, Derek and his girlfriend, Anne drove down from Oklahoma. It was so fun to have everyone together.



We hosted Christmas Eve at our house and were so excited to have everyone over. We started out the day by attending the Christmas Eve service at Watermark, our home church, and then headed back to our house for a Mexican fiesta, snow ball fight and Hand & Foot, a really fun card game. Now I know what you're thinking. There was not any snow in Texas on Christmas Eve, but there are snow balls at Bahama Bucks and you can purchase them at a low cost for your very own snow ball fight. Word to the wise, be sure to pick them up just before the fight, otherwise, you may be having an ice ball fight. Ours were pretty soft thankfully, but my co-worker received several welts from her snow ball fight with her family. Ouch!





Later that night on Christmas Eve, we headed to my parents house to spend the rest of the week and weekend together, celebrating Christmas. We stayed up late, played more Hand & Foot, went to see YES Man and Marley & Me (both great movies), had a cookie decorating contest, ate lots of yummy food and just enjoyed our time together. It really was a special time.





Click here for more photos!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Amanda! I found your blog through the McGarrah's blog. I am one of the Celina girls, so I have known Josh since 8th grade. I'm so happy for ya'll and your coming addition! How exciting! Can't wait to see more ultrasound pics!

I am so jealous that you guys live near a Bahama Bucks! I went to school in Lubbock (yes, Tech) where Bahama Bucks was founded, so we spent many a summer day going to Bucks! Anyway, I will keep up with ya'll here. I also have a blog at landenberger.blogspot.com. Tell Josh hello for me!

Kim said...

Matching pjs and a cookie decorating contest...too cute! Glad y'all had a good Christmas.

Melodie said...

ok. checked out the pics. so fun! fun family times with the Pates. glad both siblings made it home.